Search Engine Optimization for Entertainers that Gets You Gigs
When it comes to SEO, most entertainers don’t know enough to truly understand how valuable a solid search campaign can be to their business.
It’s a classic example of:
Knowing too much for your own good.
Picking up bits of SEO tips here and there are nice, but:
- Is your campaign built on a solid foundation of data (not guessing)?
- Do you have page errors?
- Is your promo video not optimized for your target market?
- Heck – when was the last time you logged into Google Webmaster Tools and ran a crawl?
The nuances of search engine optimization are changing everyday and it’s hard to keep up.
There’s good news:
Implementing the time-tested (and traffic-boosting SEO) strategies to your website will get you more gigs, more fans, and more freedom to perform!
Now the bad news:
Unfortunately, I see so many variety artists get a Google penalty from “cheap SEO.”
But, you’re different.
You want to build organic (natural) traffic the right way, right?
The kind of traffic that keeps shows flowing in day-after-day and makes your customers happy!
Entertainers fail at generating traffic from the very beginning
Without a solid game plan you won’t get gigs and you’ll lose leads while you’re watching your competitors out-rank you.
If you’re a magician, clown, juggler, musician or acrobat the key thing to remember is that digital marketing takes time.
It’s an ongoing process.
Checking your website for technical issues, adding content, and acquiring new links never ends.
Even though every entertainer is different, I handle:
- Problems & Health: Commonly known as “SEO Audit.” This is where I find and repair all the “hidden” SEO problems with your website.
- Backlink Audit: Who links to you? Are they trustworthy? Will you get hit with a drop in rankings on the next Penguin update?
- Keyword Research: Incorporating highly searched (and relevant) phrases will get you more gigs than the guy who still thinks “magician” is his main keyword… silly magicians.
- On-Page Optimization: The elements of your website that search engines look for like Meta Tags, HTML Tags, Internal/External Links, Image Optimizations.
- Competitor Recon: Finding the areas your competitors are out-ranking you and creating better, higher-quality search engine optimizations will get the shows booked!
- Link Building: Link building in 2015 is hard. Really hard. BUT – It’s still important, why else would Google have algorithms trashing the bad links?
- Social Media: Didn’t know social media plays a part in your SEO rankings? Newsflash: It does!
- Content Creation: Keeping your website updated with fresh content that answers your visitor’s questions, engages, and builds relationships is the real secret to successful SEO. I work with dedicated copywriters who specialize in the entertainment industry.
- Content Promotion & Outreach: “Posting and Praying” with your content isn’t enough. After content is created it has to get found. How? I reach out to key influencers and promote your content to their audience. Content that gets shared is content that gets read and you book more gigs!
Most questions are answered here, but if you have a specific question, please click here or call (858) 224-0128.
Can’t I learn SEO myself? Sure! I encourage you to, but you’ll spend hundreds of hours reading blog posts, articles and watching videos trying to learn SEO yourself. If your goal is to book more gigs and create a lasting business, having an expert handle your SEO is the best bet.
Do you guarantee first page results? No reputable SEO agency can ever guarantee results. This is standard across the industry. Optimized websites are built around SEO best-practices and a search engine can change their algorithms at anytime.
What kind or reports do you provide? Each month you’ll be provided with a custom SEO report detailing the KPIs (key performing indicators) that matter to you. The last thing I want to do is confuse you with numbers and graphs you don’t care about.
Typical Monthly Reports Include:
- Full breakdown of organic traffic and website engagement
- Keyword rankings
- List of changes/optimizations made
- Conversion rates
- I also provide a monthly 60 min. strategy call to review the report and our game plan for next month.
Why should I choose Josh? I’m an Entertainer – I’m just like you – I rely on my lifetime love of performing magic to generate income. The difference is I practice what I preach. I have my entertainment websites on the first page of Google multiple times.
My philosophy on SEO is very different than typical SEO agencies.
Here’s why (and how) I’m different:
- I’m an Entertainer – I’m just like you – I rely on my lifetime love of performing magic to generate income. The difference is I practice what I preach. I have my entertainment websites on the first page of Google multiple times.
- I ONLY Work with Entertainers – Magicians, Jugglers, Clowns, Keynote Speakers, Trade Show Presenters, Bands, and Variety Artists make up my client list. I know your audience better than you know them and I use that to YOU’RE advantage generating traffic (and income) better.
- I ONLY Work with 1 Entertainer per Location – I don’t want you to worry that I will do business with your competitors. That’s why for SEO and PPC I only work with 1 entertainer per geographic location. For instance, I will never work with 2 magicians in the same city who want SEO or PPC services. It’s simple not acceptable for me.
- I ONLY Work with Entertainers Who Are Invested – My fees are higher than others because I don’t just build backlinks and pray – I deliver real results and every month we evaluate your results. If you’re flakey and non-responsive we won’t work together well.
Who do you work with? I only work with entertainers: Magicians, Jugglers, Clowns, Keynote Speakers, Trade Show Presenters, Bands, and Variety Artists make up my client list. I know your audience better than you know them and I use that to YOU’RE advantage generating traffic (and income) better.
If I hire you, will you work with my competitors? I don’t want you to worry that I will do business with your competitors. That’s why for SEO and PPC I only work with 1 entertainer per geographic location. For instance, I will never work with 2 magicians in the same city who want SEO or PPC services. It’s simple not acceptable for me.
I don’t want to think about SEO. Can I just give it to you and forget about it? Nope! My fees are higher than others because I don’t just build backlinks and pray – I deliver real results and every month we evaluate your results. If you’re flakey and non-responsive we won’t work together well.
What kind of results can I expect? Our managed SEO services are very comprehensive and we spend a lot of time building your campaign foundation. We first begin with research (keywords, competitors, etc.), then move to on-page optimizations of your website, then to building your social media profiles, business listings, and then to off-page optimizations.
How long does SEO take? Clients typically see their rankings begin to increase in 2-4 months.
Why does SEO take so long? Good SEO is about building a foundation based on solid research, competitor analysis, and content. It takes more time than you’d ever know to review, analyze, and repair every single issue with your website. SEO is on ongoing process and never stops.
What’s best – SEO or Google Adwords (PPC)? The question shouldn’t be what’s better, but rather: Why SEO or why PPC? SEO and PPC are 2 very different forms of online marketing. With SEO the focus is on long-term strategy and you’re concerned with maintaining your business high on the search engines months and years away from now.
- SEO costs more in the beginning because there are likely so many technical issues with your website that it takes hours to repair them all.
- PPC, on the other hand is quick. If your looking to book gigs asap, go with PPC simply because the searcher’s intent is very differnt than an organic search intent.
- Price wise, PPC is cheaper in the beginning, but to maintain a PPC account requires frequent optimizations due to the fluidity of ads, costs, etc. If you need some quick gigs, click here to learn about our PPC services.
Oops! We could not locate your form.